A Journey of Faith

Monday, May 6, 2013

The Holy Spirit is Whispering... are You Listening?

          The Holy Spirit is busy lately. Well, ok, the Holy Spirit is always busy I'm sure, but it has been busy watching out for me and my family more than I even knew lately.
           We homeschool our kids. It is a choice that has had its ups and downs, but for the most part it fits our family well. With all that has gone on in the last two years though, we haven't been as involved with other homeschoolers as much as we have been in the past. So when biggest duckling came to me and asked if we could look into attending a co-op that my niece takes her kids to, I said I would see what I could do. I said this knowing that that particular co-op was not taking new families at that time. I told duckling to pray about it and I would email a friend who is on the board and see if there was any chance a spot might open up. A few weeks later I heard that they had decided to let 8 more families in, so I put our names in the 'lottery' that would determine which families got in. I told the kids to keep praying (and put it on the prayer chain at church) and we waited. The morning of the drawing my niece called me crying... we got in!!
Today we went to the sign ups... and I saw even more evidence of the Holy Spirit at work...
I was thinking all the way there that this was going to be an awkward situation. I  am pretty shy, and I only knew of three people that I would know there, my niece, my friend (who does our homeschool evals) and a friend I haven't seen in about 7 years. Surprise... when I got there there were probably about 4 or 5 other people that I knew, some that I have been hoping to reconnect with even before knowing we were going to 'rejoin' the homeschooling community! And we got into all the classes we wanted to sign up for, which is awesome (usually the first year it is hard to get into the classes you want, people who are already members get first priority, and classes fill fast).
      But that wasn't the best part. That friend that I haven't seen in so long... she was telling me that even before my niece told her that we were joining, even before we knew... she had felt it on her heart to pray for me. How blessed I am that not only am I surrounded by people in my everyday life who love and support and pray for me... I even have people storming Heaven for me that don't even know why they are praying, just that they are being led by the Spirit to lift me up, and they do. I know that those prayers weren't any more heartfelt than any of those offered by those I see on a regular basis, but their meaning is so powerful. My GOD wants me to know that He is working on a much bigger scale than I ever realized. To put me on my friend's heart... to get us into the co-op with so many good, godly, loving, supportive people... to make sure that my kids get into classes that will broaden their horizons and be able to make new friends... so many answers to prayers, all wrapped up in to a big, beautiful picture of His care and love. Amazing.

No comments: