A Journey of Faith

Thursday, October 27, 2011

What I am thankful for

Ok, first post...here we go :)

1. I am thankful for a GOD who holds me up, even when I can't hold myself up.
2. I am thankful for a husband who works hard (and has a job to work at) to support us, who is loving and caring and a funny, smart, gentle, godly man.
3. I am thankful that my four kids are healthy, smart and funny, and that they are here to bless me everyday.
4. I am thankful for friends who care, who notice when I am having a bad day and not only ask if I'm ok, but take time out of their day to follow up if I'm not, who are there with a helpful word, a Bible verse, a funny story, or just to play a game of cards. I am so thankful that GOD has put some wonderful, godly women in my life who lift me up, and are always there for me (THANK you ladies :))
5. I am thankful that I have friends and family (mine and hubby's), that love me and are generous with their time and energy. I am thankful that with all the family we have, there is such a range of talents and knowledge that if there is anything I need to know... there is likely someone who can answer my questions.
6. I am thankful that I am physically able to do the things I need to do to keep my house a home.
7. I am thankful that I live in a time and place where I can profess my faith and not fear for my life.
8. I am thankful for a church that feels like home, with fellow worshipers that feel like family.
9. I am thankful for the ability to homeschool my kids, to watch them learn and grow, and to learn and grow with them.
10. I am most of all thankful for my Savior, JESUS, as my kids say at prayer time... "JESUS, You rock!!!"

Ok... your turn! What are you thankful for? What brings you joy? Can you think of 10?

1 comment:

Miss Grace said...

Miss Jennifer,
This is so great! It really makes you think about all the wonderful things and people around us, that we take for granted, but we really just couldn't live without! =) Such a great blog!
In Him,
Your Loner Kid ;)