A Journey of Faith

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Weather

What is it about spring that gets our hearts racing and our blood flowing? It was only a few short weeks ago that we got over a foot of snow, yesterday and today have seen temps in the seventies and eighties. As the temperatures rise, so do my spirits. It's like GOD's peace is flowing into all the cold spots that are now warming. Every day I look out in my garden and see new flowers trying to show their faces. Crocuses are everywhere, and the daffodils and tulips are beginning to break thru the soil. My windows and doors are open, letting in the fresh air (and some pollen unfortunately... asthma, yuk!!) This is my favorite time of year. Everything is fresh and new and clean. At night the 'peepers' are out, and my window is open just enough to let in a hint of the fresh, clear air outside. It's not hot enough to limit activity, and warm enough to forgo all the hats, mittens and jackets that just seem to slow us down. In our house, it's time to start going barefoot (though most of my ducklings would be content to go barefoot year round, Mama Duck says shoes are necessary if I can see any snow, EVEN if that snow is deep in the woods. Gotta have boundaries doncha know!) It's at this time of year that I feel GOD most clearly, in the newness of HIS world, the beginning of the cycle HE has carefully planned out.

LORD, thank You for the beauty of this season, with it's new life and promise. Thank You for the fresh, warm air, and the flowers and the sound of birds and 'peepers' serenading us. Thank You for bringing us thru the cold drearyness of winter to marvel again at the wonders of Your creation. In JESUS' name, Amen

No comments: