A Journey of Faith

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Small Things

“The fruit of silence is prayer,
The fruit of prayer is faith,
The fruit of faith is love,
The fruit of love is service,
The fruit of service is peace.” – Mother Teresa



I love it when I find something like this, that perfectly 'speaks' to me. That Mother Teresa, I can't wait to meet her in Heaven. What a woman. I read something the other day about her, that she served others tirelessly because, to her, she wasn't serving people, she was serving Jesus. That the leper whose wounds she was bandaging, or the poor one she was feeding, or the dying child she was cradling; they weren't a leper or a poor one or a child at all, they were her Savior in the flesh, and she was serving HIM. I believe it was also her that said "we cannot do great things, but we can do small things with great love." Isn't that what being a Christian is all about? Loving each other, caring for each other, serving each other as if we were serving our Lord and Savior?


I have spent a lot of time reading a blog I found lately. It's called Momastery (www.momastery.com ), and the lady who writes it has a great sense of humor, and a deep faith. She wrote something that makes so much sense, yet is so simple that I wondered why it never occured to me before. She said that the way to get to know a mom is to care about her children and treat them well, and that it was the same with GOD. The way to know HIM, and draw closer to HIM is to care about and for HIS children, and treat them well. Do small things with great love. Because we are all in this together, and we are all HIS.



Precious GOD, help us to see beyond ourselves and see thru Your eyes. Help us to do small things with Your great love. Help us to remember that our way to You is thru love, and faith and service to Your children. In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments: