A Journey of Faith

Friday, March 9, 2012

A Strange Thing...

So a strange (but neat) thing happened the other day. My oldest son brought the mail in, and there was a card in it from a lady I haven't talked to for, I don't know, maybe 5 or 6 years. We kind of use to work together (I was a nanny and she was their weekly housecleaner). The card said "Just a short note to let you know how great you really are. Hello great person!" Hmmm. Now, it was really a nice and very sweet surprise, but I have to say it leaves me just a little confused. We got along well, so that part isn't a surprise, but I wonder why after all these years. Whatever the reason, what a cool thing! SO, it inspired me to let some of the people in my life know how much I appreciate them. After all, if someone I haven't talked to for half a decade could lift my spirits with a simple note, shouldn't I do the same for those who impact my life everyday? After all, the Bible says we are to lift each other up, and encourage them. And I am tired of feeling weird about saying nice things....so, I am going to try to do it more often. Maybe with practice it won't feel so weird!!

So tell someone today (and every day) that you appreciate them, and that they are important to you!! GOD Bless :)

No comments: