A Journey of Faith

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Already There

So one of our favorite groups, Casting Crowns, just released a new album (do they still call them albums... or am I showing how out of touch I am?). One of my favorite songs on the new album is called Already There. (lyrics below from elyrics.net) (video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgFLjlzbSp4 )


From where I'm standing Lord it's so hard for me to see Where this is going And where You're leading me I wish I knew how All my fears and all my questions Are gonna play out In a world I can't control Oh, oh When I'm lost in the mystery To You my future is a memory Cause You're already there You're already there Standing at the end of my life Waiting on the other side And You're already there You're already there Oh, oh, oh, oh From where You're standing Lord, You see a grand design That You imagined When You breathed me into life And all the chaos Comes together in Your hands Like a masterpiece Of Your picture perfect plan When I'm lost in the mystery To You my future is a memory Cause You're already there You're already there Standing at the end of my life Waiting on the other side And You're already there You're already there One day I'll stand before You And look back on the life I've lived I can't wait to enjoy the view And see how all the pieces fit (x2) One day I'll stand before You And look back on the life I've lived Cause You're already there You're already there When I'm lost in the mystery To You my future is a memory Cause You're already there You're already there Standing at the end of my life Waiting on the other side And You're already there You're already there You are already there

I find it so hard to imagine. Nothing surprises GOD. Nothing. HE already knows all the pieces of our lives, the good, the bad, the scary, the inspiring. HE is already sitting with us at HIS throne, seeing how it all played out. Not only that, but HE will show us all the things we could never see from where we were standing. Like an enormouse painting, so big we can only see a little part of it, we wonder why what we see isn't so pretty. But when we can finally see the whole thing, it will be a masterpiece. It will take our breath away.

No comments: