A Journey of Faith

Thursday, November 24, 2011

silly duckling

I thought I'd do a post about some of the silly and cute things my littlest duckling has said.

1. While driving home from church last night the kids were talking about Pluto and she said "I still think it's a planet, but people call it an elf planet cause it's too small".

2. "You know Mom, I'm not yittle anymore, I'm big now"

3. I noticed her sitting on the couch one day, reading the new Bible she got at church and asked her what she was doing. "I'm reading my Bible Mom, it's not just for putting on a shelf you know, you're suppose to read it." When she was given the Bible, she was told that she was being given the Bible so she could read it, and she shouldn't just put it on the shelf and leave it there.

4. She was pretending to grow faint at the (how do I put this politely?)... odor of her brother's feet. He told her not to 'go to the light'. She snapped her head up and replied ' don't tell me not to go into the light, it makes my hair shiny'.

5. She says to her big sister...' You know, you should always be nice to someone, even if you don't like them. You know, like I'm being nice to you.' (Just for the record, she very much loves her big sister!)

6. When she was a little thing (just barely talking) she would finish her meal, get down from her seat and start making her rounds. She would go up to each person still eating and ask each in turn: "Hi (fill in the blank)! Whatchou are doing here?" when that person replied that they were eating their food she would look up at them with her cutest smile "oooohhhh, you are eating your food. Can I bite it?" Who could resist such cuteness? Needless to say, everyone learned to eat their meal quickly.

No comments: