A Journey of Faith

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Lord's Prayer

So, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. A while back our pastor did a sermon on the Lord's Prayer and it stuck in my head. The way she did it was neat, she did the sermon as if she was praying the Lord's Prayer, and had someone answering her as if they were GOD. The other day I was able to get some quiet time, and I wanted to pray, but didn't know what to say (still working on that just being still thing) so I just started going thru the Lord's Prayer. It was a nice way to work thru what I wanted to say to HIM, kind of like a road map. As I went thru it, I thought of how each part connects me to HIM.
Our Father, Who art in Heaven... HE is my Father, my author, my creator; and some day I will join HIM in His glorious home!
Hallowed be THY name... Even HIS name is Holy, and special, and amazing.
Thy kingdom come... Soon please!! What an amazing day that will be!
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven... Are we doing HIS will here, are we preparing ourselves for the day when we see HIS face? Will HE say to us 'Well done, my good and faithful servant'?
Give us this day, our daily bread... HE is so faithful to those who trust and obey HIM. Not to say that life will be a cake walk, but HE will make sure we have what we need to stay on the path HE has for us.
And forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who trespass against us... Do I forgive as easily as I should? Or do I hold onto past hurts? Sometimes it is so hard to forgive someone who has hurt me so deeply, but GOD forgives me for so much more. HE died on a cross, a horrible, agonizing death, so I could be with HIM for eternity.
Lead us not into temptation... Thank heavens GOD protects us from the many many temptations our world throws at us. Sometimes it is so hard to stay in a pure state of mind in our culture.
But deliver us from evil... Protect us LORD, from the enemy and his lies...
For thine is the kingdom... It's all HIS, not ours. HE made it, HE makes the rules
And the power... HIS power is unmatchable, unbeatable, and unending. We can't begin to imagine the depth of HIM, our little brains can't comprehend something so limitless.
And the glory... All the glory belongs to HIM. If I do something good, it doesn't come from me, it comes from the strength and the grace and the love that I have because of HIM.
Forever... forever is, well, forever. Once we walk into HIS presence, we NEVER have to leave. Ever.

Lord, I thank YOU that YOU gave me a 'road map' to YOU, that YOU see my need for YOUR strength and love and grace and mercy, and provide me a way to reach YOU. Thank YOU for holding onto me and never letting go. In JESUS' name... Amen!

No comments: