A Journey of Faith

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Engraved on HIS palm

My friends and I are nearing the end of our study on the book of Esther. Each week has had a 'it's tough being a woman...' statement, and the past two weeks we have been learning what scriptures we can use to counter those statements. A few weeks ago the statement was 'It's tough being a woman in the tight fist of fear'. Fear can be so immobilizing, so overwhelming that it can keep us from seeing reason. It can make it hard for us to follow GOD's plan for us, stopping us in our tracks, even when we can see that our fear is unreasonable and illogical. But we are in an even tighter grip than any fear could ever hold us. Isaiah 49:16 says "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands" Picture holding something in your hand so tightly that it leaves it's imprint in your hand. GOD is holding us in HIS hands so tightly that we are engraved on HIS palm. Forever. And nothing can change that, not even overwhelming fear . Romans 8:31 says "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?".GOD is for us! Fear and insecurity may slow us down, even stop us in our tracks for a time, but it won't win! Hopefully, the knowledge of that truth will give us the courage to push past the fear and push towards HIM and HIS plan for us. Hopefully, it will give us the strength to 'flick' Satan away from us when he plays on our fears. And hopefully, it will give us peace when we so need it.

Lord, YOU know my heart. YOU know the plans YOU have for me. Please help me push past fear and doubt and find my way closer to YOU. Please give me peace and courage. Please give me strength and remind me that I am YOURS and that YOU are for me, so no one, and no thing can triumph against me, for I am engraved on YOUR powerful hand. In JESUS' name. Amen.

No comments: