A Journey of Faith

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Time Such as This

One last post about the Esther Bible study (do you want to do it yet... I'm telling you, it's fantastic!!).
At the end of chapter 4 Esther and her cousin Mordecai are communicating back and forth about the threat facing their people, the Jews. King Xerxes' second in command, Haman, had convinced the king to issue an edict, making it law that the Jewish people were to be 'destroyed, killed, and annihilated'. Mordecai points out to Esther in chapter 4,verse 14: "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther had been put there at that time for a reason. It was no coincidence that Vashti was sent away, or that Xerxes gathered all the young girls, looking for a wife. It was not mere chance that Esther gained favor with the eunechs, or that she pleased Xerxes and that he grew fond of her. GOD put her there for a reason, in HIS timing. And GOD's timing is perfect. Our impatience gets the best of us sometimes and convinces us that HE should hurry up (or maybe wait a little longer!), but the fact of the matter is, HIS timing is unerring. How many times have you had something happen that was just in time? How many times has something seemed like a well placed piece of a puzzle, tying together things that clearly needed connection? I can think of many in my life, just in the last few weeks. From a book popping up on Amazon that was just what I needed in my walk with GOD, to a poem in the church newsletter that really 'hit the spot', to a devotional email that was on a topic I'd been struggling with. GOD's fingerprints all over my life, just where I needed HIM to be, just when I needed HIM to be there, with just the message I needed. HIS timing is so amazing. What more proof is needed that HE loves us, and cares for us? That HE has plans for us ' For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ' Jeremiah 29:11

Lord, thank YOU for Your perfect timing. Thank YOU for all the love and care and protection YOU pour out on us everyday, in YOUR perfect timing. It amazes me that YOU have every detail covered, just to show us that how very very much YOU love us. In JESUS' name, Amen

No comments: