A Journey of Faith

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I have now celebrated 15 Mother's Days. There have been some that were better than others, some that I remember more fondly than others. But none compare to that very first one. I was fairly young, 24 years old and we'd been married for almost 5 years. I remember staring at my sweet little baby daughter and marveling at the fact that she came from me. Could there be anything on this planet any more amazing than that? Nope. Not a thing. Now, a decade and a half later, I look at her and her siblings, and I marvel all over again that GOD has seen fit to bless me more than I could ever deserve. My heart aches for women who have never known the sweetness of looking into the face of their child. Never inhaled the intoxicating smell of a sleeping baby snuggled up close. Never gazed in wonder as their child takes those first, perfect wobbly steps, or writes their name for the first time, or learns to ride a bike or read a book. I can't imagine a life not filled with all the little moments of mama life; late night wakings, early morning snuggles, walks down the driveway to get the mail, car rides filled with silly songs. And those moments when they say something that makes your heart soar, realizing that they were listening to you all along. Watching as they become beautiful, unique, amazing people. And the whole time just marveling that they came from me. Ok, that they came from GOD- thru and to me. Is there anything on this big beautiful earth more amazing than that? Nope. Not a thing.


               Happy Mothers Day!!!

No comments: