A Journey of Faith

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE

1 Chronicles 16:34Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever
Psalm 36:5Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
Psalm 57:10For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies
Psalm 103:11For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
Psalm 119:76May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

I did a search on Biblegateway.com to find references to love (it is Valentines Day after all). 686 references came up. Many of them refered to the love between two people, but verse after verse refered to GOD's love for us. The most common by far was 'HIS love endures forever'. Forever. How can we wrap our minds around that? How can we fathom something that limitless. Our brains can't even hold onto the concept.
Who do we love? We love our parents, our siblings, our spouse, our children, our friends. I would do anything for my family and for my friends. I would die for them in a heartbeat. And yet my love for others is a cheap imitation of HIS love for us. When I think of my family, I can't imagine loving anyone or anything more than I love them, and yet, HE loves any one of HIS children with a love that blows mine away.

For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotton SON, that whosoever shall believe in HIM shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

No comments: