A Journey of Faith

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Simply Love HIM

This is a song by Ginny Owens called Simply Love You. I thought it tied into the "Stay in Love with GOD" rule. (lyrics from elyrics again) (I couldn't find a video... sorry)

Simply Love You lyrics
Seems that life's become so complicated I don't think it was meant to be this way I find myself so distracted Caught up in the chaos of each day When did I stop asking for your wisdom?As if your words were meant for someone else Why do I choose to second-guess you? Oh, I only frustrate and confuse myself I just wanna love you, simply love you The way it used to be When your love was new to me I just wanna love you, simply love you To hear what you say and live every day Like you asked me to I just wanna simply love you Many times you spoke of us as children Childhood seems to me so long ago You say, I can trust you like I did then If I give you my hand then you'll lead me home I just wanna love you, simply love you The way it used to be When your love was new to me I just wanna love you, simply love you To hear what you say and live every day Like you asked me to I just wanna simply love you Oh, to fall on my knees With the fresh disbelief Stirred once again by the story Of how you loved me I just wanna love you, simply love you The way it used to be When your love was new to me I just wanna love you, simply love you To hear what you say and live every day Like you asked me to I just wanna simply love you

Today was the last week for the '3 Rules for Christians' series at church. Last week we heard the third rule "Stay in love with GOD". The sermon was about ways to do that: praying, worshiping, reading the Bible, fasting, communion; and how those things bring us closer to GOD and keep us in love with HIM. Another point was that we should be intentional about our faith. Be intentional about doing no harm. Be intentional about doing good. Be intentional about staying in communication with GOD, so to stay in love with HIM. I know that I don't always choose my actions with the intention of drawing me closer to GOD with my actions. Instead I often look back and wonder why I didn't see HIM in that day. Would I see HIM more if I were more intentional in my choices,if each choice I made were with the goal of having that action draw me closer to HIM? Would I feel HIS presence more if my actions were more in line with what HIS choices for me were? HE has made it (somewhat) easy. Read the book. Say prayers. Be still. Listen. It's not rocket science. It's so beautifully simple and so wonderfully real, why do we find it so hard to do?
I remember when it finally hit me that HE was for real. That the Bible wasn't just a book of nice stories, but a history of HIS people and HIS love for them. I couldn't believe how much HE loved HIS children. The more I learned (and am learning) about all the details HE has worked into HIS creation, I was (and am) blown away by the intricacy of HIS planning. From the smallest cell, to the way HIS stars follow their clockwork pattern, HE has it all planned out, and it runs like a well oiled machine, only better! Did you know that the first sentence of the Bible is a trinity of trinities? "In the begining GOD created the Heavens and the earth." In the beginning=>time (past, present, future) GOD created the heavens and the earth=>space (height, depth, width) and matter (solid, gas, liquid). Three 3s. A trinity of trinities. Awesome! HE didn't just slap a habitat together that would do. HE planned everything so that we could look at it and see HIS fingerprints (again!) all over it all. Because HE loves us.
Ok, got off track there.
I have posted about ways that GOD's timing has taken me aback, and it happened again today before church. I posted yesterday about how I wanted that 'different' that people returning from a mission trip had. Today before church a friend who just got back from a mission trip came up to me and told me she thought I needed to go with them next year, that she thought I would love going. So maybe I will be able to go on a mission trip next year. I can't wait to see how GOD works this time :) HE seems to be on a roll lately. Every time I turn around I am getting glimpses.

No comments: