A Journey of Faith

Thursday, February 2, 2012

More fingerprints

Our GOD amazes me. HE really does. We went to the midweek service at church last night. Our pastor started off the message by telling us that the way she picked the scripture to base that nights message on was to randomly open the Bible and use the passage GOD gives her for that night. As I sat there listening to the message, I was just blown away by GOD's care for HIS children. And humbled because, just days before I had been frustrated and angry that HE wasn't answering my prayers the way I thought HE should. Even in my frustration and anger, HE was at work. HE saw my heart, and put the message I needed where I needed it. I almost didn't go to worship last night. I was tired, and I have a to do list longer than I am tall. I went back and forth until I finally decided that we would go, I needed to get out of the house, and I do enjoy the fellowship of the potluck meal before service. I am so glad I went. I needed to hear that message. Oh, I have heard the message before, and it's a really good one. But what I needed was the timing of the message. I needed to see that GOD does hear me, even when I am not praising HIM, even when I am angry at HIM and throwing a spiritual temper tantrum, HE will not get angry at me and walk away. HE will continue to love me, HE will continue to feed me, HE will continue to walk with me. Amazing. Humbling. Unfathomable.

LORD, thank YOU again. I can't begin to understand how YOU work, why YOU love me the way YOU do. Thank YOU for not losing patience with me. Thank YOU for sending YOUR word in just the right way, at just the right time. Thank YOU for sending our church a pastor who really listens to YOU and lets YOU lead. Thank YOU for your neverending love and care. In JESUS' name, Amen.

No comments: