A Journey of Faith

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wesley's Rule

I found this in the book I have ("GOD's Treasury of Virtues"). It's by John Wesley, the founder of the Methodist church. Tomorrow is the last week of the sermon series about his 3 rules for Christians, so I thought I would post it.



Do all the good you can,

By all the means you can,

In all the ways you can,

In all the places you can,

At all the times you can,

To all the people you can,

As long as ever you can.



I guess the best part would be that if you are that busy doing good, there is little time for negativity. It's hard to feel negative when you're doing something positive for someone else. It's hard to indulge in self pity when you are lifting someone else up. And while you are busy doing all the good you can, you don't have time to do harm (*rule #1 is 'do no harm', #2 is 'do good', #3 is 'stay in love with GOD'... I may still do a post on that rule too)

No comments: