A Journey of Faith

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My first 'performance'

So tonight I stepped even further from my 'box'. I played two songs at the midweek service at church (well, one and a half songs... the second was only the chorus). The first I did passably well. The second I bombed in a big way. I don't mean I missed a note or two, I mean I totally lost my place and couldn't even figure out where to pick it up. Not even someone trying to put a positive spin on it, or trying to be nice could honestly say I didn't bomb it. BUT... it's ok! I just learned that part tonight, and while it's really an easy one, I really probably shouldn't have attempted it without a lot more practice. And, I am ok. I had a moment of panic during it, but I made an effort to pick it up (not something I'm good at, if I make a mistake I usually just start over), and when it was over, I felt kind of crummy, but I am really ok with it, and kind of look forward to trying again. Maybe not with that particular song until I've practiced a LOT more, but with others.

LORD, I hope that the music I played sounded sweet to Your ears. I was playing from my heart to Yours! Thank You for giving me the courage to step out of my box and worship YOU with such beautiful songs. I love You more than anything. In JESUS' name, Amen.

No comments: