A Journey of Faith

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Give Me Your Eyes

Are you tired of songs yet? I hope not, cause I love music and have lots of favorite songs, so here's another one :) This one is called 'Give Me Your Eyes' by Brandon Heath (as usual the lyrics are compliments of elyrics and the video link on godtube http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=J9JJ2CNU ) I hope you enjoy it!

Looked down from a broken sky Traced out by the city lights My world from a mile high Best seat in the house tonight Touched down on the cold black top Hold on for the sudden stop Breathe in the familiar shock Of confusion and chaos All those people going somewhere Why have I never cared? Give me Your eyes for just one second Give me Your eyes so I can see Everything that I keep missing Give me Your love for humanity Give me Your arms for the broken hearted The ones that are far beyond my reach? Give me Your heart for the one's forgotten Give me Your eyes so I can see Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah Step out on a busy street See a girl and our eyes meet Does her best to smile at me To hide what's underneath There's a man just to her right Black suit and a bright red tie Too ashamed to tell his wife He's out of work, he's buying time All those people going somewhere Why have I never cared? Give me Your eyes for just one second Give me Your eyes so I can see Everything that I keep missing Give me Your love for humanity Give me Your arms for the broken hearted The ones that are far beyond my reach? Give me Your heart for the one's forgotten Give me Your eyes so I can see Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I've been there a million times A couple of million eyes just moving past me by I swear I never thought that I was wrong Well, I want a second glance So give me a second chance To see the way You see the people all along Give me Your eyes for just one second Give me Your eyes so I can see Everything that I keep missing Give me Your love for humanity Give me Your arms for the broken hearted The ones that are far beyond my reach? Give me Your heart for the one's forgotten Give me Your eyes so I can see Give me Your eyes for just one second Give me Your eyes so I can see Everything that I keep missing That I keep missing Give me Your arms for the broken hearted The ones that are far beyond my reach? Give me Your heart for the one's forgotten Give me Your eyes so I can see Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah Yeah, yeah, yeah

I think this ties in with the 'Do Good' rule. The first step in doing good is to know what needs there are that have to be met. You have to see people thru GOD's eyes before you want to reach out to them. How often do we rush past those who are hurting, averting our eyes and our hearts? How often do we make excuse; we are too tired, too busy, too undertrained, not enough resources...etc etc? What if we just stopped and tried to see others as GOD sees them? How much more would get done, how much less suffering would HIS children endure? Suffering that we have the power to stop. We live in a society of 'do what makes you feel good', of 'situation ethics', of man made morals. What if we went back to the simplicity of GOD's way? Do unto others, love your neighbor, honor your parents, when you do it to the least of these. What a blessing we would be able to be!!! What a joy we could share with the world!!! What an increase for GOD's kingdom!!!

LORD, please, give me your eyes! Help me to see Your children as you do, and be willing to put myself out there to help. Please help me to reach out and love others as YOU have loved me. Please convict me not to let the world and it's suffering pass me by without my stepping up to action. In JESUS' name, Amen.

No comments: