A Journey of Faith

Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolutions

So the new year is just over a week old, and I've been asked a number of times if I made any New Year Resolutions. In the past I have made resolutions, usually failing to keep them longer than a month at the most. Things like 'I will yell at my kids less' or 'I will exercise more' or 'I will only eat healthy foods'. Yup, pretty unrealistic. This year, I was glad to have the last year behind me, and start new, so I didn't even think about it. Well, I've been thinking about it. I am still working thru the 'So Long Insecurity' devotion, and since I am learning to change the way I see myself and the world in general, I decided a few 'resolutions' were in order. So here are my 'resolutions', I hope they stick!

1. To put GOD's opinion of me above anyone else's
2. To not worry so much about doing everything perfectly, to not avoid doing something good because it wouldn't be great.
3. To say 'yes' to serving GOD, even if it means getting out of my 'box'
4. To live deliberately, actively looking for GOD's message to me
5. To try to see myself (and others) the way GOD sees me (them)
6. To not beat myself up if (when) I don't keep all these resolutions all the time :)
7. To remember to be still and wait for GOD

No comments: