A Journey of Faith

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thru the Storm

I had an appointment today. It was snowing like crazy and I hate, I mean hate (and I don't use that word lightly) driving in the snow. I can do it, but by the end of the trip I am a nervous wreck. Anyway, I got there safely (thank YOU GOD!!) and had my appointment (which went well) and got in the car to head home thru snow falling even heavier and faster than it was on the way there. After saying another quick prayer for safe travel, I set off toward home. As I was driving I was struck by the way the snow was just, well, everywhere. I couldn't see more than a few hundred feet in any direction, it was kind of isolating. It made me think of the ride in. I was going in to talk to the doctor, not knowing if there was something serious going on (there isn't) and was scared about what I might be facing. I had to trust that GOD knows the path I will travel thru my life, even if I can't see anything but what is right there at that moment, HE can. HE knows what trials I will face in my life, and how to get me thru them. HE has already shown me that HE is faithful to strengthen me and give me the tools I need to live for HIM. HE has already shown me that HE will never leave me, that even when I feel that I am living in the darkness, it isn't because HE has taken HIS light from my life. When I feel like the darkness is surrounding me, I can rest assured that HE is sheltering me with HIS powerful hand, protecting me from the attacks of the enemy. So as I traveled home thru the storm (literally and figuratively), I was overwhelmed with a peace and a calm and such amazing love that it took my breath away. How blessed I am to be HIS.

LORD, thank YOU for Your ever-present loving care. Thank YOU for bringing me thru the storms of life. Thank YOU for making me YOURS! In JESUS' name, Amen

No comments: