A Journey of Faith

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Right Call

"GOD has not called me to be successful; HE has called me to be faithful" -Mother Teresa

This is such a hard thing to reconcile. I tend to avoid doing things I don't feel comptent to do well. I make excuse, saying I don't want to let people down if I don't succede, but really, I just don't want to 'fail'. It is a pride issue, too much of it to be honest. I need to forget about doing things 'just right' and instead focus on doing faithfully. GOD calls His children to serve HIM by serving others, spreading the news that HE loves them and has made a way for them. When I stand before HIM, will I hear 'Well done, good and faithful servant'? Will HE be pleased with the way I lived, pleased that I stood up and remained faithful? Or will HE sigh, and say HE wishes I had trusted HIM more to be the one in charge? Is that what it comes down to, my lack of wanting to give up control? If HE is the one in control of my life, then HIS success will be the end result. I just have to stand back and trust (there it is again, trust!!). Oh, and be still. Still working on that one :)

LORD, I know that I need to stop trying to be the one in control. I know that faithfullness is more important to YOU than success. Please help me to trust in YOU and be faithful. Please give me the strength to stand strong, and to give up control and be still in YOU. In JESUS' name, Amen.

No comments: