A Journey of Faith

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Do Good

So since I did a post about the first of the 'Three Simple Rules for Christian Living', I thought I should do a post for the second rule too. The second rule is 'do good'. I have been thinking about it a lot. See, part of the message was this quote from Frederick Beuchner (a writer and minister) "The place GOD calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's great hunger meet". Hmm. It seems like everywhere I turn lately, I am getting a message about GOD's call. And in ways that compel me to really think about it. The problem is this; I don't know what HE's calling me to. I know that HE wants me to be with my kids at this time, and as I said in a previous post, I am starting from square one. I can do anything (well, within reason. I'm thinking sumo wrester or opera singer are probably not options.) So what is HE trying to tell me? I like to do good. I like helping people, doing things to make life easier for others. I could take the easy way out and say that helping is enough. That showing up and being available to lend a hand is all that is nessessary to really be following that 'rule'. But given the fact that GOD is hitting me up side the head with a 2x4 (again. Did I mention I'm a bit stubborn?) with messages everywhere about calling and answering HIS call; I would say that I need to reevaluate what else I can be doing. Hmmm. I think I may have to update later on what I come up with!!

No comments: