A Journey of Faith

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Glory Ache"

I get an email devotional called "Girlfriends in GOD", and today the topic was about feeling like something was missing in our walk with GOD. She called it the "Glory Ache". Did you ever feel like amid the busyness of being servants of GOD, something was still missing? Even with all the activity of serving HIM, you still felt like HE was distant? Then the reading at the evening church service tonight was Psalm 19:7-10 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
The message was to make time, and make it a priority to spend time in GOD's word everyday. Not as an item low on the 'to do' list. Have you ever felt like you 'miss' HIM? Like you would miss a dear friend you hadn't seen in too long? I have. Every so often I have this overwhelming emptiness, like a part of me is not where it belongs, like I need to reconnect with a vital part of me. Now I have a word for it, glory ache. The cool thing is, HE is never far away, it's just that I need to slow down and stop 'doing' for a minute so I can feel HIM again. I need to stop trying so hard to 'bless' the world around me (and probably failing anyway because I am spreading myself too thin), and let HIM bless me instead. I need to let HIM me fill me up so I have something to give. So how can I connect with HIM and fill that 'glory ache'?
*read my Bible, not just for study, but to hear what HE wants me to know that day
*pray. Be still and let HIM speak to my heart.
*this blog! I think I have given HIS word and HIS call more deliberate thought when trying to come up with posts than I do if I don't have the goal of making a post that makes some sense.

LORD, please help me to be still and feel Your presence. Help me to focus on YOU and Your word, not on the busyness of my faith, but the stillness. I know that the serving is important, but it's not what will fill that 'glory ache', only connect with YOU will fill that. Thank YOU for being patient with me as I navigate my faith and make my way closer to YOU. I love YOU!! In JESUS' name, Amen.

No comments: